Just Call Me Lemon-butt!

Follow me through my journey to better health as I attempt the Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet, By Stanley Burroughs!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Day 1 of Breaking The Cleanse

Total weight loss: 13.5 pounds!! I am currently lower (in weight) than I have been in 10 years!
Attitude: I feel accomplished, proud, excited, and ready to continue improving my health.

Last night around 8:30 pm, I had my very last lemon drink. I had JUST ENOUGH lemon juice and JUST ENOUGH maple syrup for the last glass - it was totally meant to be.

Also, the store where I usually buy my large bags of lemons was out of lemons - another sign it was time to end the cleanse.

I feel great
My clothes fit better - a couple pairs of my pants are actually loose now, I have to wear a belt!
I look better
I no longer feel like food has control over me
I'm craving good foods

I had Paul do my measurements last night and I have lost...
-1 inch from my waist
-1 inch from my hips
-1 inch from my chest
-1.5 inches from my thighs
-0.5 an inch from my calves
and
-0.5 an inch from my biceps

I did have my tea last night, and I just did the SWF for the last time - I will NOT miss doing that!!!

Breaking the cleanse - explained:
Burroughs says,
"Coming off the lemonade diet properly is HIGHLY important... For those who have lived the unnatural way of meat, milk, refined and devitalized food, it may be beat to change over as follows, gradually adopting the raw fruit, nut, and vegetable diet:

FIRST DAY:

(Drink) several 8 oz. glasses of fresh orange juice as desired during the day. Drink it slowly.

SECOND DAY:
Drink several 8 oz. glasses of orange juice during the day - with extra water, if needed. Some time during the afternoon prepare a vegetable soup (no canned soup). Have this soup for the evening meal using the broth mostly, although some of the vegetables may be eaten. Rye wafers may be eaten paringly with the soup, but no break or crackers.

THIRD DAY:
Drink OJ in the morning. At noon have some more soup; enough may be made the night before and put in the fridge. For the evening meal eat whatever is desired in the form of vegetables, salads, or fruit. No meat, fish, eggs, no bread, pastries, tea, coffee, or milk.

FOURTH DAY: Normal eating may be resumed.
"

Burroughs recommends a continued morning meal of the lemonade drink or fruit juice; and a strictly fruit, vegetable, seed, and berry diet.

He also says that if gas occurs once you have resumed eating, you should continue the lemonade diet for several more days until the digestive system is ready for food.

I hope I don't get gas.

So, today I shall drink OJ. I bought some Tropicana
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's not from concentrate.
It was either that or Simply Orange. They're pretty much the same. Today I plan to put together a menu plan and go shopping for the ingredients for my soup and the next couple weeks of meals. I plan to eat better, only having meat once in a great while. I can't completely cut it out cause I like it.

I think it's important to realize that it's okay to allow yourself "bad foods" once in a great while. I am a strong believer of "everything in moderation". It's all a matter of control, and the lemonade diet helped me realize I have that control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home