Just Call Me Lemon-butt!

Follow me through my journey to better health as I attempt the Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet, By Stanley Burroughs!

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Day 6: A New Family Record!!

Weight loss: 8 pounds - that's okay! No loss between today and yesterday.
Attitude: Feelin' groovy

Yesterday was a good day. I had 6 glasses of the lemon drink, and most of the day I didn't feel hungry at all. I am going to try to drink more of the lemon drink. I think it will help with increasing my elimination.

I have noticed for the past few days that I will often have itchy skin. My thigh, or my ankle, or my arm will itch all of the sudden. I wonder if this is part of the detox - if my body is eliminating stuff through my skin??

Attention! Attention everyone!!

This morning, I, Mrs. Edith Ann Lemonbutt, BROKE the family record of a 2-minute salt-water flush. As Paul as my witness, I chugged that salt-water down in...

*^!*^!*1 minute, 23 seconds*^!*^!*Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I AM AMAZING!!!!

This week has gone by pretty fast. I am having a hard time deciding how long I want to continue the cleanse. Of course, I will go the minimum 10 days, but last time I only went 11 days, and I feel like I should have done it longer - like I didn't get "it" all out.

In the book, Burroughs says a good sign of when the cleanse is complete is when your tongue returns to its pink color. If not mentioned before, when you are on the cleanse, your tongue actually turns sort of whitish color, like it has a fuzzy coating on it. So, I guess I will continue with the cleanse until this occurs. Paul's birthday is coming up, but he said he would rather I complete the cleanse than break it so we can go out to eat. What a guy!

My cravings for bad foods are starting to diminish. Yesterday I didn't have many, if even 1, thoughts that I wanted a big fat juicy hamburger. I'm starting to think a big salad would hit the spot just right. Before I am finished with the cleanse, I plan to put together a monthly meal plan for our meals. I think this will help out a lot. There are so many times, because it is just the two of us, that we purchase a large amount of food and then it is not eaten or it goes bad. I think with a meal plan, we will buy ONLY the things we know we will use.

One of the awesome things about the lemonade cleanse is the effect that the chemical changes and cleansing has on cravings of all kinds - not just food. There are a lot of things out there today that have control over people. Cravings for things like cigarettes, alcohol, sodas, sugary foods, and other foods can completely disappear! In his book, Burroughs even says that the usual craving experience and suffering that occurs in breaking away from an addictive substance doesn't occur during and after this cleanse!!

"What a wonderful feeling to be free from the slavery of these addictive and devitalizing elements of modern living (Burroughs)!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home